Office Furniture Solutions For Workplace Post Lock-down
28 April 2020, by"Vaibhav Tomar"
Will start my article with a quote "The way I see it , if you want the rainbow, you gotta put up with rain." Never we thought that a day will come in our lifetime that we will have to face a epidemic which will change the way we do business, we interact with each other and specially the way we will have to work now on wards for quite some time now. Things will be quite different once the lock-downs are lifted and offices will resume and the workforce will be back again to fire up their engines to pave the way for India towards becoming a super economy but office administrations will face a challenging situation of how to manage the workforce within the offices, to maintain the safety protocols of social distancing to avoid any human to human transmission of the infection.
Workplaces which were built entirely on the concept of open offices will face the maximum challenges as during this pandemic period close contact between work forces is the last thing any office administration will want. So being in the office furniture industry I thought of sharing few solutions which might be helpful for offices existing and new to promote the concept of human distancing.
• Introduction of wider sized workstations i.e at least of dimension 1500x750mm to increase the distancing between the linear seating arrangements
• Installation of higher front panel with height 500 mm or more with material which is not fabric as fabric has tendency to soak aerosol particles which might be released while the person sneezes and most importantly can easily be cleaned or sanitized by disinfectant soaked clothes or sprays
• Installation of panels vertically across the workstations to encourage the distancing between the workstation
• New offices can think of bringing back the panel based systems which creates more sense of enclosed space
• Cubicle based workstations, Bristol has a very adaptable product for this situation which is easy to install and promotes distancing, creating an isolated work space for the user, image shown below ( Decibel 43 Work-pod )
• Usage of Nylon mesh based chairs wherein the seating and backrest both are made up of Nylon mesh, as nylon mesh can easily be disinfected and cleaned without any damage to the material in comparison to the fabric cushion based chairs. Product image shown below is Soul - Mesh Chair
• Installation of foldable / mobile tables for meeting rooms wherein due to the mobility of the tables appropriate distancing can be created by easily moving the tables at safe distances from the multiple users in the room, product shown below Bristol swift table.
I hope my suggestions will be of some use for the office administrations on planning the workforce seating once the users will resume the offices. I pray for every ones safety during this situation and I am sure that very soon we will have a vaccine or medicine for this deadly virus and we all will again start working towards building a great nation.